- Work Packages
- WP 1Management & Coordination
- WP 2 (OSD)Ocean Sampling Day
- WP 3Oceanography & Environmental Data
- WP 4Standards and Interoperability
- WP 5Bioinformatics & Data Integration
- WP 6Exploring Ecosystems Biology
- WP 7Function and Biotechnology
- WP 8Intellectual Property (IP) Management for Marine Bioprospecting
- WP 9Dissemination & Outreach
- Public DeliverablesAll Micro B3's public deliverables
- Third Micro B3 Industry Expert Workshop
- Micro B3 Industry Expert Workshop
- Micro B3/OSD Analysis Workshop
- Micro B3 Stakeholder Workshop
- Micro B3 Summer School in Crete 2014
- Marine Metagenomics Bioinformatics
- Micro B3 Industry expert workshop
- EU-US Training 2013
- Micro B3 Statistics Training 2013
- MG4U Bioinformatics Training 2013
- Bioinformatics Training 2012
- EU-US Training 2012
Would you like to participate in MyOSD 2016 Germany? Please go to www.my-osd.org (in German).
The Ocean Sampling Day (OSD) is a global scientific campaign to analyse marine microbial biodiversity and function, taking place during the solstice on June 21st.
With the MyOSD citizen initiative we want to involve YOU in OSD. We developed the MyOSD Sampling Kit and Smartphone APP which you can use to collect marine microbes and important environmental data. Together with the scientists you will help getting a better understanding of the world’s ocean.
Already OSD 2014 and 2015 involved more than 150 scientific teams from all continents, ranging from subtropical waters in Hawaii to extreme environments such as the Fram Strait in the Arctic Ocean.
On OSD 2014 and 2015, more than 600 people from all around the world took marine water samples in order to identify the microbes in it, around 300 of them were citizen scientists.
Are you interested in joining MyOSD?
The official hashtag are #oceansamplingday and #myosd
Schnetzer J, Kopf A, Bietz MJ, Buttigieg PL, Fernandez-Guerra A, Pop Ristov A, Glöckner FO and Kottmann R (2016) MyOSD 2014: Evaluating Oceanographic Measurements Contributed by Citizen Scientists in Support of Ocean Sampling Day. J Microbiol Biol Educ. 2016 Mar; 17 (1): 163–171
MyOSD is sponsored by Millipore.