- Work Packages
- WP 1Management & Coordination
- WP 2 (OSD)Ocean Sampling Day
- WP 3Oceanography & Environmental Data
- WP 4Standards and Interoperability
- WP 5Bioinformatics & Data Integration
- WP 6Exploring Ecosystems Biology
- WP 7Function and Biotechnology
- WP 8Intellectual Property (IP) Management for Marine Bioprospecting
- WP 9Dissemination & Outreach
- Public DeliverablesAll Micro B3's public deliverables
- Third Micro B3 Industry Expert Workshop
- Micro B3 Industry Expert Workshop
- Micro B3/OSD Analysis Workshop
- Micro B3 Stakeholder Workshop
- Micro B3 Summer School in Crete 2014
- Marine Metagenomics Bioinformatics
- Micro B3 Industry expert workshop
- EU-US Training 2013
- Micro B3 Statistics Training 2013
- MG4U Bioinformatics Training 2013
- Bioinformatics Training 2012
- EU-US Training 2012
Micro B3 Summer School in Crete 2014
Micro B3 summer school: from sampling to analyzing microbial diversity & function
Multi disciplinary summer school focussing on standardized sampling and analysis for OSD participants within the Micro B3 training pipeline.
This summer school is organized as a two-week interactive training from Monday 26 May (Please NOTE: the summer school starts on Monday May 26 instead of May 27) to Friday 6 June 2014 at the HCMR (Institute of Marine Biology, Biotechnology and Aquaculture, Hellenic Centre for Marine Research) in Crete, Greece. Every day a high-level lecturer will share expertise with the students, focusing on standards & methods, with theory in the morning and interactive practical work in the afternoon.
The summer school focuses on preparing and planning integrated sampling work and data flows, taking into account some legal aspects, with a focus on bioinformatic and oceanographic tools. The group will perform data and sample management based on the use of enrichments for analyses during the course, on existing (OSD) data sets and the OSD handbook. Trainees will learn how to decide on using methods and standards to address their research questions in the fields of plankton diversity, ecology and function, including biotechnological applications.
A small boat trip will be planned, log sheets & standardized sampling methods tested on board and in the lab, and samples prepared for sequencing. Also the group will learn about Access and Benefit Sharing aspects, documentation and archiving. Finally, the use of selected datasets for ecological modelling will be explored.
We are looking forward to your application.
Some more info can be found on the Summer school poster.
The number of participants is limited to 25 and the application period will close on 15 March 2014.
Here the summarized information:
Tuesday, May 26, 2014 to Friday, June 6, 2014
HCMR Heraklion/Gournes, Crete, Greece
Micro B3 Bioinformatics & Sampling Summer School,
For participants in the Ocean Sampling Day in June 2014
Focus on scientists, PostDocs, and PhD students in their third year, from environmental bioinformatics, marine biology, and marine biotechnology fields.
Monday, May 26, 2014 to Saturday, June 7, 2014
Micro B3 Bioinformatics & Sampling Summer School