- Work Packages
- WP 1Management & Coordination
- WP 2 (OSD)Ocean Sampling Day
- WP 3Oceanography & Environmental Data
- WP 4Standards and Interoperability
- WP 5Bioinformatics & Data Integration
- WP 6Exploring Ecosystems Biology
- WP 7Function and Biotechnology
- WP 8Intellectual Property (IP) Management for Marine Bioprospecting
- WP 9Dissemination & Outreach
- Public DeliverablesAll Micro B3's public deliverables
- Third Micro B3 Industry Expert Workshop
- Micro B3 Industry Expert Workshop
- Micro B3/OSD Analysis Workshop
- Micro B3 Stakeholder Workshop
- Micro B3 Summer School in Crete 2014
- Marine Metagenomics Bioinformatics
- Micro B3 Industry expert workshop
- EU-US Training 2013
- Micro B3 Statistics Training 2013
- MG4U Bioinformatics Training 2013
- Bioinformatics Training 2012
- EU-US Training 2012
Industry Expert Workshop: Logistics
Colmenar Viejo can easily be reached by local train from Madrid Atocha or Sol Cercanias stations (see below for details).
A workshop shuttle bus to reach PharmaMar is available during these workshop times:
30 March, Monday 12:10 and 12:45 p.m., (then shuttle bus back to Colmenar train station at 7:15, when session two is finished), and
31 March, Tuesday 8:30 and 8:45 a.m., (bus back 2:45 – 3:15 p.m.; then the time to airport is a bit over one hour by public transport)
Please try to catch our shuttle bus Monday at 12:10, latest 12:45 from Colmenar Viejo Cercanias station.
For those joining us in the shuttles on Monday we will point out, where exactly the regular bus stop closest to the PharmaMar premises is, in case you need it on Tuesday.
If you arrive later, you need to take a taxi (dial 0034-91 806 44 44 or 0034-609 29 20 57) or take the regular bus services already on Monday. If you are missing the workshop shuttle bus on Tuesday at 8:45 you can reach PharmaMar with the local bus line 3 (until 9:30); or line 5. They take 15 minutes (check timetables for line 3 and 5 ).
Please take note of some security requirements when entering the company’s premises on your own, especially have your ID card ready.
How to reach Colmenar Viejo from Madrid International Airport
If you arrive directly from the airport you can take the local train called Cercanias
Take train C-1 from the airport, which is the final station. You change train in the 2nd/3rd station called Chamartin for train C-4B to Colmenar Viejo.
(There are two lines, C-4A and C-4B, please make sure you take line C-4B to Colmenar Viejo)
Travelling time: 1.15 hrs
A taxi from the airport takes between 20 minutes and one hour, depending on the traffic situation and costs approximately 55 €.
How to reach Colmenar Viejo from downtown Madrid
From Atocha or (Puerta del) Sol Cercanias stations you take line C-4B to Colmenar Viejo
Travelling time: approx. 30 minutes
How to reach PharmaMar by car (in Spanish) can be downloaded here
All participants have to organize and cover these costs on their own.
Hotel recommendations near the downtown Cercanias stations are:
Names and prices of 3-star hotels near Sol and Atocha:
* Hotel Cortezo, (Street Dr. Cortezo 3, near Plaza J. Benavente)
Price: from 65.00 Euro incl. breakfast.
Located within walking distance from Sol train station., also near to metro stations Tirso de Molina, Anton Martin and Puerta del Sol (also Cercanias station) as well as being close to Plaza Mayor (downtown).
* NH Madrid Atocha (from 85.00 €)
Located right by Atocha (local train station)
* Ibis Style Madrid (from 95.00 €)
Located between Atocha (local train station) and Plaza Mayor (downtown). http://www.pradohotel.com/en/
Names and prices of 4-star hotels near Atocha:
* Paseo del Arte (from 95.00 €)
* Tryp Atocha (from 100.00 €)
* Rafael Atocha (from 110.00 €)
* AC Atocha (from 120.00 €)
Please choose the one you prefer and book yourself.