- Work Packages
- WP 1Management & Coordination
- WP 2 (OSD)Ocean Sampling Day
- WP 3Oceanography & Environmental Data
- WP 4Standards and Interoperability
- WP 5Bioinformatics & Data Integration
- WP 6Exploring Ecosystems Biology
- WP 7Function and Biotechnology
- WP 8Intellectual Property (IP) Management for Marine Bioprospecting
- WP 9Dissemination & Outreach
- Public DeliverablesAll Micro B3's public deliverables
- Micro B3 Industry Expert WorkshopMarch 30/31, 2015
- Micro B3/OSD Analysis WorkshopMarch 09-13, 2015
- Micro B3 Stakeholder WorkshopSeptember 25/26, 2014
- Micro B3 Summer School in Crete 2014
- Marine Metagenomics Bioinformatics
- Micro B3 Industry expert workshop
- EU-US Training 2013
- Micro B3 Statistics Training 2013
- MG4U Bioinformatics Training 2013
- Bioinformatics Training 2012
- EU-US Training 2012
The Ocean Sampling Day (OSD) is a global scientific campaign to analyse marine microbes biodiversity and function, taking place during the solstice on June 21st. Citizens have being involved through the MyOSD initiative, collecting important environmental data which will help the scientist to get a better understanding of the world’s oceans. The OSD 2014 involved more than 150 scientific teams from all continents ranging from subtropical waters in Hawaii to extreme environments such as the Fram Strait in the Antarctic Ocean.
On this day, more than 600 people all around the world took water samples from the ocean in order to identify the microbes in it, 20% of them were citizen scientists.
You are still in time to join us in 2015!
Click here to learn how!
MyOSD is partially sponsored by Millipore.
The official hashtag is #osd2015 and #oceansamplingday
You can download the information and dissemination material by clicking here.